There is something to be said about finding a vacation read and immersing yourself in it. You can be reading by a fireplace or on a beach chair or pool side, it is one of the simplest pleasures in life and a vacation gives you the opportunity to do so.
Don’t rely on airport bookstores, snag some of these books right away. Starting on one of these before your vacation may make airports, flights and wait times so much more palatable.
We have picked books that women tend to enjoy, we hope you find a good one from these recommendations. Click on the title to get purchase options.
- “The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo” by Taylor Jenkins Reid – a novel about a Hollywood icon sharing her secrets with a young journalist.
- “The Unhoneymooners” by Christina Lauren – a romantic comedy about a forced vacation between two people who dislike each other.
- “Big Little Lies” by Liane Moriarty – a mystery novel about a group of women in a wealthy suburb with secrets.
- “The Island of Sea Women” by Lisa See – a historical novel about the friendship and struggles of two women living on a Korean island.
- “The Alice Network” by Kate Quinn – a novel about two women working as spies during World War I.
- “The Nightingale” by Kristin Hannah – a historical novel about two sisters in Nazi-occupied France during World War II.
- “Crazy Rich Asians” by Kevin Kwan – a novel about the extravagance and drama of wealthy families in Singapore.
- “Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine” by Gail Honeyman – a novel about a socially awkward woman who learns to open up to others.
- “The Immortalists” by Chloe Benjamin – a novel about four siblings who visit a fortune-teller and learn the dates of their deaths.
- “The Girl with the Louding Voice” by Abi Daré – a novel about a Nigerian girl who fights for her education and independence.
- “The Vanishing Half” by Brit Bennett – a novel about twin sisters who grew up in a small, black community and later live very different lives.
- “The Sun is Also a Star” by Nicola Yoon – a YA novel about two teenagers who fall in love over the course of one day.
- “The Hating Game” by Sally Thorne – a romantic comedy about two co-workers who initially dislike each other.
- “The Woman in Cabin 10” by Ruth Ware – a mystery novel about a journalist investigating a disappearance on a luxury cruise.
- “The Book of Lost Friends” by Lisa Wingate – a historical novel about three women searching for their roots after the Civil War.
- “The Silent Patient” by Alex Michaelides – a psychological thriller about a woman who refuses to speak after murdering her husband.
- “The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society” by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows – a novel about a writer who corresponds with the inhabitants of Guernsey during World War II.
- “The Rosie Project” by Graeme Simsion – a romantic comedy about a socially awkward genetics professor who creates a questionnaire to find the perfect wife.
- “The Secret Life of Bees” by Sue Monk Kidd – a novel about a young girl who flees her troubled home life and finds sanctuary with beekeeping sisters.
- “Little Fires Everywhere” by Celeste Ng – a novel about the intertwined lives of two families in a suburban Ohio town.