Don’t we love the idea of travel rewards. But how, just how do we get there.
There are several credit cards that offer great rewards for travel points. Here are some of the best options:
- Chase Sapphire Preferred: This card offers 2x points on travel and dining purchases, and 1x points on all other purchases. Points can be redeemed for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards, or transferred to airline and hotel partners.
- American Express Platinum: This card offers 5x points on flights booked directly with airlines, and prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com. It also includes a $200 annual airline fee credit, and access to airport lounges.
- Capital One Venture: This card offers 2x miles on every purchase, and miles can be redeemed for any travel expenses. It also includes a Global Entry or TSA PreCheck credit.
- Citi Premier: This card offers 3x points on travel, including gas stations, and 2x points on dining and entertainment purchases. Points can be transferred to airline and hotel partners.
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card: This card offers 6x points at participating Marriott Bonvoy hotels, and 3x points on U.S. restaurants and flights booked directly with airlines. It also includes an annual free night award and a $300 Marriott Bonvoy statement credit.
It’s important to note that these cards may come with annual fees and require good credit to apply. It’s important to evaluate your spending habits and travel goals to determine which card is the best fit for you.
Booking award travel can be a great way to save money on flights or hotels, but it can also be a bit of a challenge. Here are some tips to help you book award travel:
- Plan ahead: Award availability is limited, especially during peak travel times. So, it’s best to plan ahead and book your award travel as early as possible.
- Be flexible: If your travel dates are flexible, you’ll have a better chance of finding award availability. You may also be able to save points by booking off-peak travel times.
- Check multiple airlines/hotels: Don’t just check one airline or hotel loyalty program for award availability. Check multiple programs and compare prices to find the best deal.
- Use search engines: Use online search engines like Google Flights or AwardHacker to search for award availability across multiple airlines and hotels at once.
- Transfer points: If you don’t have enough points in one program to book your award travel, consider transferring points from another program. However, be aware that transfer fees may apply.
- Consider the value: When booking award travel, make sure to consider the value of your points. Sometimes, it may be more valuable to pay for a flight or hotel room with cash instead of using your points.
- Keep trying: If you don’t find award availability right away, keep trying. Award availability can change frequently, so check back periodically.
By following these tips, you can increase your chances of finding and booking award travel.